MAFA has two modes of identifying albums:
Albums by title
Best if all albums have unique titles.
Albums with identical titles will appear as one album and might get the wrong album cover art.
Albums by album artist
Best if all albums have unique album artist.
OK if album artist is missing but there is a unique artist.
Album that is missing album artist but has multiple artists will appear as multiple albums each with a unique artist as its album artist.
- How to change the albums mode?
- From the Albums title in the albums list.
- Can't change the albums mode
- Albums mode requires MPD version 0.19 or above and the AlbumArtist tag enabled.
- How to enable AlbumArtist tag in MPD?
In the MPD configuration file set the value of
- Albums are not displayed correctly in either mode
- According to the limitation of each mode you can either assign unique titles to all albums, or assign a unique album artist to each of the albums that don't have unique title and artist.
- Why not support MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID?
- This is on the to-do list.
- The sort order is wrong when using Albums by album artist
- Enable settings → "Performance" → "Sort lists locally".
- Nothing works for me
- We want to help. Please contact us.